Members are encouraged to submit photographs to be shown and reviewed during the monthly meetings. These photographs may also be posted in the Picture Gallery for online viewing.
You may submit up to three photographs to be shown during the monthly meeting. We encourage you to submit photographs related to the Monthly Challenge subject, otherwise you may submit under an open category. To encourage you to use your camera more often photographs for the Monthly Challenge should be taken within the last 12 months.
Submit photographs using the following procedure:
- Select the photo(s) you want to submit. The optimum resolution given the club’s current projection facilities and most of our monitors is 1920×1080. However, if you do not know how to change the photo resolution just send it in the original size.
- All photos must be in JPEG format. Please leave the EXIF metadata intact so that other club members can examine it and learn how you captured your photo. Videos must be in MPEG-4 format.
- You must rename your photo if you want your photo in the monthly slideshow and on our website in the Picture Gallery. If you do not rename your photo it will only be shown in the monthly slide show. The format for renaming is as follows: Photo Title by Your Name.jpg (example: photo from camera IMG_1234.jpg renamed to Stormy Weather by John Doe.jpg). The camera club will obtain your permission to use your photograph for other purposes.
- Use an email program which will allow you to attach photos. Depending on the size of the files you may be able to attach three photos to one email. Some email programs may limit the size of attachments and you may have to send more than one email.
- Address your email with the attached photo(s) to the following club email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . You will receive an email back from the club that your photo(s) have been received.
- Please explain which photo, if any, you would like to be discussed during the review part of the club meeting. While not a competitive process, members may improve their photographic skill through feedback during the discussion review.
- All photos must be submitted no later than noon on the Friday one week prior to the club meeting date.
- If you have any questions speak to one of the club executives or send an email to email@example.com