The Kanata Seniors’ Centre Camera Club (KSCCC) normally meets once a month at the Kanata Seniors’ Centre in Kanata, Ontario. To find out more about the club and how to join click on About Us
The monthly meeting will be held online on December 4th at 9:15 a.m. using Google Meet. For information on how to use Google Meet for our meetings go here. A link to the meeting will be posted on our website the morning of December 3rd.
The agenda for the meeting is:
- Review of online meeting procedures
- Slideshow of Member Images from the November assignment Cityscapes/Urbanscapes/Landscapes
- Presentation on Getting Photos Ready for Sharing by John Williamson
- Memorable Moments by Ed Lacelle
- Update on the Camera Club Facebook Group by Manfred Mueller
- Concluding Remarks
In order to view the slideshow full screen, please click Play (above) then on the word YouTube or click on this link.
Thanks again to Catherine Easton for creating this slideshow of our images and for her patience in dealing with all the technology challenges involved.
The dial in link is +1 226-315-5428 PIN: 987 510 688# This is a southern Ontario area code so long distance charges may apply.
The Google Meet “room” will be opened at 8:45 a.m. on Friday morning if you need to check your equipment and 9:00 a.m. to sign in for the meeting which starts at 9:15 a.m.
If you have any issues email us here and we’ll try to help.
During an online meeting the presenter may wish to show a presentation to all members. Bill Robertson has created a video describing how to do this: View Presentation Full Screen in Google Meet.
Chuck Desjardins and Vanessa Bradley from Henry’s Camera are presenting “New and Coming Soon Photo Gear” on Friday, November, 6, 2020.
- New Photo Gear “New and coming Soon”
- Product Announcements “Sigma new lenses + Olympus News”
- Mirrorless “Mirrorless VS DSLR”
- Improving Virtual Meetings “Zoom, Facetime, Microsoft Teams”
- Eye Focus “it’s a big deal”
- Pro Tips & Tricks “wildlife, landscape”
- Help + Gear Insurance
- Question period
Chuck and Vanessa’s biographies follow:Continue reading “Henry’s Camera Presenting in November”
With the KSCCC having shut down live meetings due to the COVID-19 pandemic, one feature that we have been unable to offer our members is comments and critiques on their images. The KSCCC website is not a particularly good platform for this, so a few KSCCC members have been testing using a Facebook Group as a place to post images for review. This is an approach other photo clubs and photo sites are using.Continue reading “Facebook Group”
The November meeting will be held online using Google Meet. For updated information on how to use Google Meet for our meetings go here.
A link to the meeting will be posted on our website the morning of November 5th. If you’re new to online meetings sign in at 8:45 a.m. to allow you to test your setup, otherwise sign in at 9:00 a.m. The meeting will start at 9:15 a.m.
The agenda for the meeting is:Continue reading “November Camera Club Meeting”
To get the most out of a virtual online meeting:
- Mute your microphone unless you are speaking to the group. If your microphone is on, avoid sound playing in room, especially music
- Disable your camera to minimize bandwidth requirements. If your camera is on avoid backgrounds with a lot of motion (ceiling fans, traffic out a window, etc.)
- If you have a question type it into the chat box
- Log in 30 minutes before the meeting starts if you need to test your set-up, otherwise log in 5-15 minutes before the meeting
- Notify the host using chat if something is not working
- To get the hosts attention try holding up a white card in front of your camera
- Use a headset/earphones/ear buds if you have them. The echo cancellers will thank you
- Use a headset with a microphone if you have one. Everyone will hear you much better than if you use the microphone built into your device or webcam
With the cases of Covid-19 still a concern, the Executive of the Kanata Seniors’ Centre Camera Club have decided to continue to have the monthly meetings online using Google Meet.
The website has been updated to include information on Google Meet including Requirements for Google Meet Video Calls, How to Access a Meeting and How to Use Google Meet. For information on Google Meet go to the menu item Get Help/Online Meetings and our blog posts with the Article Tag “Online Meeting”
Send an email to email@example.com if you:
- have any questions or problems with Google Meet;
- have any suggestions regarding meeting topics or format; or
- wish to present a slideshow during a future meeting.