During an online meeting the presenter may wish to show a presentation to all members. Bill Robertson has created a video describing how to do this: View Presentation Full Screen in Google Meet.
To get the most out of a virtual online meeting:
- Mute your microphone unless you are speaking to the group. If your microphone is on, avoid sound playing in room, especially music
- Disable your camera to minimize bandwidth requirements. If your camera is on avoid backgrounds with a lot of motion (ceiling fans, traffic out a window, etc.)
- If you have a question type it into the chat box
- Log in 30 minutes before the meeting starts if you need to test your set-up, otherwise log in 5-15 minutes before the meeting
- Notify the host using chat if something is not working
- To get the hosts attention try holding up a white card in front of your camera
- Use a headset/earphones/ear buds if you have them. The echo cancellers will thank you
- Use a headset with a microphone if you have one. Everyone will hear you much better than if you use the microphone built into your device or webcam
With the cases of Covid-19 still a concern, the Executive of the Kanata Seniors’ Centre Camera Club have decided to continue to have the monthly meetings online using Google Meet.
The website has been updated to include information on Google Meet including Requirements for Google Meet Video Calls, How to Access a Meeting and How to Use Google Meet. For information on Google Meet go to the menu item Get Help/Online Meetings and our blog posts with the Article Tag “Online Meeting”
Send an email to email@example.com if you:
- have any questions or problems with Google Meet;
- have any suggestions regarding meeting topics or format; or
- wish to present a slideshow during a future meeting.
Thank you to all those KSCCC members who participated in our online survey. The overwhelming majority of our members are interested in continuing with our Club activities via online “virtual” meetings. Our Club members continue to be interested in learning and sharing ideas about photography and are especially interested in hearing speakers discuss interesting photographic topics, showcasing members’ photographs and learning about specific photographic tips and techniques.
Many members have told us that they are already familiar with the online meeting technology and either had no technical issues with it or were able to work through their problems themselves. Most found that the audio and video of these online delivery products was good.
Stay tuned for more announcements on our website about our upcoming fall 2020 season.
Some of the key results from the survey are:
The next Camera Club meeting will be held on September 4th, at 9:15 a.m.
Because the Seniors’ Centre is still closed our meeting will be held online using Google Meet. A link to the meeting will be posted to our website the morning of the 4th. For details on how to use Google Meet go here. If you’re new to online meetings, we will start at 8:45 a.m. to allow you to test your setup.
The meeting will be shorter than our normal meetings and will consist of:
- review of online meeting procedures
- Slideshow of Member Images from the June/July/August – Photograph That Song assignment
- Black and White Photography by club member Manfred Mueller
- Concluding Remarks
Your images for the assignment must be emailed by noon on Friday, August 28th to be included in the slideshow. For details on how to submit photos, including formats and titles, go to our Pictures/How to Submit page.
The next assignment is Celebrations and these images will be shown at the meeting on October 2nd.
“See” you at the meeting.
With the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the KSCCC will not be able to hold our regular monthly meetings at the Kanata Seniors’ Centre in the foreseeable future. The other photo clubs in the area find themselves in a similar situation and some of them are planning to hold internet based “virtual meetings”. The KSCCC Executive would like to ask club members to see if they would be interested in attending online meetings. Attending the meeting will be as simple as clicking on a link that will be posted to our website and emailed to club members.
We are using an online survey tool to ask you some questions. It should not take more than a few minutes to complete.
There are questions on your knowledge of web meetings, the hardware you would use to attend a web meeting and question on the type of content you would like to see presented.
Please click here, complete the survey, and submit it as soon as you can. We will be keeping it open for about a week.
The survey does allow you to go forwards and backwards, should you wish to change an answer. Once you have completed the survey, please click on the “Submit” button.
Thank you for your help and cooperation!
Your KSCCC Executive
Just to give you a quick update on plans for future club meetings under the restrictions of COVID-19. As you know it is unfortunately not possible to meet in person, so your club executive is hoping to try online virtual meetings, if the membership interest is there. Other photography clubs have done this, so we hope to use this format to help our registered KSCCC members stay connected with each other and improve their photography skills through regular monthly meetings.
To that end, we have prepared a survey to be distributed soon to our membership via the website. Please take the time to complete the survey and return it promptly, as time is growing short to prepare for a possible September 4th meeting.