Winter is soon upon us and for interested Club members a special challenge. Starting in December and till the end of April seek out and take pictures that represent your individual winter experiences. There are no set topics, but as an example:
- December – December/Christmas celebrations
- Submit by December 30th
- January – The Beginning
- The dead of winter things
- Winter reflections
- Epiphany, Hannukah
- Robbie Burns
- Submit by January 27th
- February – The end of the Beginning
- Valentines/things red
- Cold days – Hot Nights
- Submit by February 24th
- March – The Beginning of the End
- Saint Patrick’s Day, green things
- Melting Snow/Ice patterns
- Maple Syrup!
- Submit by April 7th
- April – THE END (We hope)
- Ready to Grow
- winter tires/potholes, garden sales
- Easter things
- New Beginnings
- Submit by April 28th
Again, these are examples to get your thoughts going. We each experience winter in different ways and the images you submit should reflect your unique experience. It could be a good one. Or a bad one. (Potholes anyone?)
When selecting an image for submission, think that you are writing a newsletter with one image for each month. Submit on the same dates as the regular monthly assignments. Select one image that is your story and submit it as:
- Winter challenge December by <your name>.jpg
Members of the KSCCC had another successful year with the 2020 Winter Photo Challenge. This year we challenged ourselves to create a photographic project using only 4-6 photographs focused on a specific topic. A total of 17 photographers submitted approximately 100 photographs on topics ranging from people riding the bus, to winter wildlife, desert flowers and Ottawa’s street art. Congratulations to all photographers!
The Slideshow of the photographic projects can be viewed here.
The galleries of all photographs are here.
Don’t forget about the 2020 Winter Photo Challenge to “Create a Photography Project” All photographs must be taken between January 4th, 2020 and February 28th, 2020. Photographs must be submitted by noon on Friday, February 28th. For further information go to 2020 Winter Photo Challenge
It’s time to get ready for the KSCCC 2020 Winter Photo Challenge !!
This year we will be trying something a little different. Rather than taking a number of photographs of different subjects, we will be challenging ourselves to “Create a Photography Project”.
The challenge is simple. Here are the guidelines:
- Prior to setting out on your photographic mission, select a specific topic that interests you or perhaps challenges you.
- The subject matter is up to you; HOWEVER, all photographs that you take must be related to the specific topic that you have chosen.
- Each photo project can include between 4 and 6 individual photographs.
Here is the timeline:
- All photographs must be taken between January 4th, 2020 and noon, February 28th, 2020. That’s two months to take 4-6 photos. Lots of time to get creative!!
- Photographs can be taken all in one day or over multiple days or weeks.
- All photos must be submitted by noon, February 28th, 2020.
- The title for your project is also submitted by noon, February 28th, 2020.
- Submit photos and project title to the usual KSCCC email address. Make sure to identify your project as part of the 2020 Winter Photo Challenge. Number your photos in the order that you wish them to be presented.
Once all project titles and photos have been submitted, we will prepare a slide show to be presented at a KSCCC meeting this spring.