Don’t forget about the 2020 Winter Photo Challenge to “Create a Photography Project” All photographs must be taken between January 4th, 2020 and February 28th, 2020. Photographs must be submitted by noon on Friday, February 28th. For further information go to 2020 Winter Photo Challenge
It’s time to get ready for the KSCCC 2020 Winter Photo Challenge !!
This year we will be trying something a little different. Rather than taking a number of photographs of different subjects, we will be challenging ourselves to “Create a Photography Project”.
The challenge is simple. Here are the guidelines:
- Prior to setting out on your photographic mission, select a specific topic that interests you or perhaps challenges you.
- The subject matter is up to you; HOWEVER, all photographs that you take must be related to the specific topic that you have chosen.
- Each photo project can include between 4 and 6 individual photographs.
Here is the timeline:
- All photographs must be taken between January 4th, 2020 and noon, February 28th, 2020. That’s two months to take 4-6 photos. Lots of time to get creative!!
- Photographs can be taken all in one day or over multiple days or weeks.
- All photos must be submitted by noon, February 28th, 2020.
- The title for your project is also submitted by noon, February 28th, 2020.
- Submit photos and project title to the usual KSCCC email address. Make sure to identify your project as part of the 2020 Winter Photo Challenge. Number your photos in the order that you wish them to be presented.
Once all project titles and photos have been submitted, we will prepare a slide show to be presented at a KSCCC meeting this spring.
If you’re a Mac user and want to submit photos from iPhoto for a monthly gallery, a challenge, or a shootout, club member Maureen Carrier has documented the procedure she uses:
- Select your picture in iPhoto
- From menu bar, select “File”, “Export”
- Chose “Maximum” quality and “Full Size” and “Use title” then hit “Export”
- Then you will see: “Save As”. Choose your title which must include your name, e.g., “Roses by Maureen Carrier” if you want your photo to appear on the club website
- Choose “Desktop” as your location, then “OK”
- Open Mail and create a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choose “Attach “on your email and select your picture from the desktop by highlighting it and “Choose File”
The name will not show up on the email but it’s embedded in the picture and will appear when the recipient opens it