RicharD Murphy has provided a copy of the slides from his March 2nd presentation on Digital Asset Management which you can review here.
He also made these recommendations for bulk file renaming programs:
- Renaming software for PC:
- Renaming software for Mac:
- Rename (discontinued – still works great)
- Mac OS X Yosemite and newer will rename files in bulk via the Finder. Select files to rename, Right Click ( Command Click ) and choose ‘Rename Items’
- Also, Adobe Bridge will batch rename files on both Mac & PC, and Lightroom can rename files on import.
Thanks again RicharD.
If you’re a Mac user and want to submit photos from iPhoto for a monthly gallery, a challenge, or a shootout, club member Maureen Carrier has documented the procedure she uses:
- Select your picture in iPhoto
- From menu bar, select “File”, “Export”
- Chose “Maximum” quality and “Full Size” and “Use title” then hit “Export”
- Then you will see: “Save As”. Choose your title which must include your name, e.g., “Roses by Maureen Carrier” if you want your photo to appear on the club website
- Choose “Desktop” as your location, then “OK”
- Open Mail and create a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choose “Attach “on your email and select your picture from the desktop by highlighting it and “Choose File”
The name will not show up on the email but it’s embedded in the picture and will appear when the recipient opens it