You can make any sort of presentation, on any photography subject that you like which might be educational for our membership. You should plan for a presentation of no longer than 20 minutes, as we are time limited on the availability of the hall.
If you decide to put together a presentation supported by your selection of YouTube videos, as I have done over the last 2 years, here is how to put together the document to attach to our website once your meeting presentation is finished:
- Create a blank word document to which you can attach your chosen videos links
- Type your subject into the search window in YouTube
- Look at a lot of the videos on that subject
- As you watch a video that you think does a good job of providing instruction on your topic, copy the video address link over to your word document. Repeat this process until you have a list of list of 3 to 5 good videos.
- With each video address, you should show the name that the video was given by the video presenter and make sure to name the presenter for credit.
Your document should look something like this:
Videos to watch as suggested by <insert your name here>
Digital Photography 1 on 1:Episode 15: Panning by Mark Wallace from Adorama TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXzNtp1shXU
Shutterspeed – Easy Explained. Photography Tutorial for Beginner by Benjamin Jaworskyj https://youtu.be/1wHtRelnbRk
Canon: Tips for Shooting Vehicles in Motion with Kevin Wing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2YEj7WfOWM
Have one of your chosen videos be fairly short (3-7 minutes), if you plan to have it shown as an introduction to your presentation. Place this video at the top of your list. Bill or Amy usually download that video to a USB storage device so that it can be played on the club projector.
Forward the document to the club email account firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to the meeting.
If have any questions or you would like to put your name forward to do the presentation for a particular month, please get in touch with me as I will be coordinating the program. Remember, it’s all about having fun and learning with photography. My email address is email@example.com