Before the News page was added to the web site, these news items were posted:
- The next club meeting will be held October 2nd starting at 9:15. The highlight of the meeting will be a presentation by our special guest, Rod McIvor. You can see some of his recent work in the Photos section of his facebook page. For more about Rod, visit his biography page on Wikipedia. You really don’t want to miss this one!
- The club has a shootout planned for 08:00 AM, October 8th at Pinhey’s Point Historic Site. You can find Google driving directions here. This is a very photogenic location as you can see from the many photos posted online. If you need a ride or are willing to share a ride there will be a sign-up sheet at the October 2 club meeting or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- At the September Kanata Seniors’ Centre Open house, the camera club will be asking if there is an interest in free portraits to all members in November. It is time for action, commitment, and an anticipation of having fun. There will be a sign up sheet at the first camera club meeting for photographers and assistants. I foresee offering portrait sessions a couple of times a week over a three week period. Everything depends on interest!
The key ingredients are flexibility, fun and learning. Don’t underestimate your skills. All levels of photographers are welcome. We will also need assistants.
We are offering free portraits – free, fun sessions. It is a great way to give back to the Seniors’ Centre, meet new people, and have the opportunity to practice, practice, practice. If you are not able to come to the camera club meeting in September, email me, email@example.com and I will keep you informed of planning meetings.
- This email: The Kanata Seniors Digital Camera Club Needs YOUR Help! was sent out July 26th. If you want to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary results of the survey held in June are available here.