The Kanata Seniors’ Centre Camera Club (KSCCC) normally meets once a month at the Kanata Seniors’ Centre in Kanata, Ontario. To find out more about the club and how to join click on About Us.
November 6th Meeting
The November 6th meeting will begin with slideshows from the Pinhey’s Point shootout and the October assignment (Reflections).
Our featured presenter will be wildlife photographer Jim Cumming. You can see examples of his work at the Canadian Nature Photographer, on 500px, on ViewBug, and on flickr.
We will also have a photography hint and a joke from Marg, a technical presentation from John and an update on the November portrait sessions from Sue.
The meeting will end with a discussion of selected images from the shootout and the assignment.
For those of you who have Facebook accounts, there is a very interesting site called Lost Ottawa:
or go to your facebook Home page and type in Lost Ottawa in the Find Friends space at the top of your page. Sadly, if you aren’t on facebook none of this content is visible. Too bad they didn’t use a blog so we could all see.
The postings are both informative and nostalgic and may inspire you to take some pictures of Ottawa today.
You may comment on the postings and share them with your facebook “Friends” also you can add pictures of your own that would be of interest.
Goulbourn Historical Society’s Photo Contest
The Goulbourn Historical Society is holding a photo contest that club members may be interested in. The four categories include:
- Old and Historic Barns
- Rural Mail Boxes
- Front Porches
For more details click here.
Old News Posts
Before the News page was added to the web site, these news items were posted:
- The next club meeting will be held October 2nd starting at 9:15. The highlight of the meeting will be a presentation by our special guest, Rod McIvor. You can see some of his recent work in the Photos section of his facebook page. For more about Rod, visit his biography page on Wikipedia. You really don’t want to miss this one!
- The club has a shootout planned for 08:00 AM, October 8th at Pinhey’s Point Historic Site. You can find Google driving directions here. This is a very photogenic location as you can see from the many photos posted online. If you need a ride or are willing to share a ride there will be a sign-up sheet at the October 2 club meeting or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- At the September Kanata Seniors’ Centre Open house, the camera club will be asking if there is an interest in free portraits to all members in November. It is time for action, commitment, and an anticipation of having fun. There will be a sign up sheet at the first camera club meeting for photographers and assistants. I foresee offering portrait sessions a couple of times a week over a three week period. Everything depends on interest!
The key ingredients are flexibility, fun and learning. Don’t underestimate your skills. All levels of photographers are welcome. We will also need assistants.
We are offering free portraits – free, fun sessions. It is a great way to give back to the Seniors’ Centre, meet new people, and have the opportunity to practice, practice, practice. If you are not able to come to the camera club meeting in September, email me, email@example.com and I will keep you informed of planning meetings.
- This email: The Kanata Seniors Digital Camera Club Needs YOUR Help! was sent out July 26th. If you want to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary results of the survey held in June are available here.